[Amps] Washing equipment

m.ford k1ern at direcway.com
Thu Mar 16 12:56:36 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at copper.net>
To: "Ian White GM3SEK" <gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk>; <amps at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Washing equipment

Back in my days at Anzac we used table top Branson ultrasonic cleaners
filled with 1,1,1 Tricloroethane. Dow. We bought the stuff by the drum and
used it on just about every discrete component as long as it was not made
of styrene. The 40khz ultrasonic did not seem to damage anything that I can
recall. The "cloroethane" however would destroy things like GR874 adapters
that did not have teflon as a dielectric. After much proding, I was allowed to
specify and purchase a very large floor model that was used on weekends
and after hours for motorcycle parts. I still use a small one for electronic stuff
and have yet to damage anything other than skin. Don't stick your hand in one.

Mike  k1ern