[Amps] Unusual Solvent

Robert Chudek k0rc at citlink.net
Sun Mar 19 11:38:04 EST 2006

I'm not sure if this product has been mentioned.

Union Rubber of Trenton, NJ sells a cleaning product for film negatives and rubber cement thinning and cleanup. It is widely used in the Graphic Arts and Printing industries. Their trade name is "Bestine". This liquid is great for removing tape residue from everything. It doesn't attack most plastics.

Here's the safety product sheet # 838 about it:

http://tinyurl.com/fb6h7

http://gi.konicaminolta.us/docs/838%20-%20Duros%202%20in%201%20Developer%20B.pdf

I have a gallon of it which has lasted about 20 years. I don't tape too many things! I would rather fold, spindle, and mutilate...

73 de Bob - K0RC