[Amps] MW Oven Transformer question

John Popelish jpopelish at rica.net
Tue Mar 21 11:42:38 EST 2006

TexasRF at aol.com wrote:

> Not what I hoped to hear but I appreciate the good info!

If you have a supply of this kind of landfill, you might put two
similar units side by side, wire the primaries in series (effectively
halving the volts per turn, so eliminating the saturation problems).
Then you can knock the shunts out and wind a similar secondary on each
(doubling the number of turns to compensate for the half primary
voltage) and wire those two secondaries in parallel.  This gives you a
reasonably efficient transformer (that won't overheat without a fan)
with about a kVA rating.