[Amps] "10 Meter Ban" to be lifted ...

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 14:51:29 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/15/2006 1:38:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w4tv at subich.com writes:

Also I  think most people believed that with 1 kw average
> input as the legal  limit that meant that 2kw pep was also the
> legal limit because of the  perceived 2:1 ratio.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the ARRL license manual back in the
early 60's early 70's perhaps  say that PEP was about 2 times DC plate  power?  I
recall for many years "myself" believing this. Though very  momentary peaks
may be 4 or 5 times that , the "envelope" over one cycle would  average about 2
times. Are we getting over technical?   Lou