[Amps] 3CX3000 Tuned Input Calibration

Robert B. Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Thu Oct 26 13:43:57 EDT 2006

BOB,

Sorry I didn't respond to this post earlier, the input impedance of a 3 BY 3
is closer to 35 OHMS if I remember correctly.  While this resistor procedure
will get you very close it takes tweaking to make it right.

The sources say an 8877 is 51-54 Ohms.  I've seen both listed.  I just
brought one of my industrial heater 8877 conversion units on line on 80
meters the other night and without a tuned input yet the SWR is 3:1.  I know
the impedance is not 3X off 50 ohms it is that the tubes are reactive in
actual operation.  You need to tune out this reactive component and there's
only one way to do that.  Grab a knob.  You don't have one?  Then it will
take a lot of solder and tune & try.

BOB DD