[Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Mon Sep 4 13:34:52 EDT 2006

>   Not according to a dipmeter.  For example, when a lo-pass
> configuration Pi-network with a Q of 10 is tuned up, a dipmeter shows
> that it is resonant about 7% lower in frequency.

You don't even need a dipmeter.
Most class B amps with a Pi network tank circuit do not produce maximum
power output at the tune/load setting where a dip in the anode current
occurs. In fact, I have seen many amps where the anode I dip is so broad you
can barely see it on the meter when rocking the tune/load capacitors in
search of one. That is why the proper technique is to tune for maximum power
output, not a dip in anode I.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC