[Amps] AL-80B Trouble

W5CUL w5cul at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 7 20:44:56 EDT 2006

All,

Again I would like to thank everyone who gave advice and help in trouble
shooting my AL-80B.  I just wanted to give one last update, as there were
some people who were specifically watching this thread.  I have replaced the
Amperex tube with a 3-500ZG-RFP tube, and the amp is now working
beautifully.  I no longer have +Ip or -Ig when idling.  And of all things,
it seems to be running just a little cooler. At least that is what my
WaveNode enabled temperature sensor sitting at the exhaust port is
indicating.

Again, thanks to all!!

73,

Mike