[Amps] shipping damage

carl s. carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 17:08:25 EDT 2006

   I have read so many stories here about shipping damage, that I just
have to put in my .02 worth. !! We all know that shipping is a very
problematic situation !!  How many of you out there are willing to pay a
*premium* to ensure that what you need to ship will get there in *first
class* condition ??  This has been in my mind for a long time now and
I've seen *many* complaints about it.!!
    I wonder whether those of you who are worried about this would be
willing to pay, (Let's say ) twice the price to know that your pkg.would
arrive safely, By a Ham operated service , personally delivered service !!
      within reasonable distances , in the lower 48, this is not
unreasonable and could be be done without too much of a problem.!!
   Let's discuss this , on or off this list.!!
   carl / kz5ca