[Amps] Fw: Support For the Bean Pusher

rgroh at swbell.net rgroh at swbell.net
Sun Apr 15 21:32:26 EDT 2007

I'm not so sure the ' bean counters' should get all or even much of the blame (I also remember the Mantz TV story or urban folklore or whatever). I've been a design engineer for over 40 years - mostly in the radio and communications field and mostly in the commercial or semi-military end of things. And even spent a few years as a manager!(hope you all don't hold that against me)! Back to the subject of cost control - golly, guys, someone has to do it!  We always had a cost objective when we designed a product as indeed we had a myriad number of other objectives (such as performance, development cost, schedule, reproducibility, etc). Meeting all of those was the challenge - we had to meet customer expectations (all of our customers! internal and external) and stay in business. A challenge, yes but that is usually what business and engineering is all about. Golly, we even had fun sometimes!

73 de WA2CKY
Bob Groh