[Amps] Noisy Power Transformer

Paul E. Cater paulcater at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 18 13:41:37 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

I have had transformers in older equipment do the same thing to me.
Some of them could vibrate the table.

A quick and inexpensive thing to try and that I have had success with is
to use a bit of super glue on the laminates.  With age they can get
loose and sloppy.  I just take the glue and let it run into each side
and give it time to dry.  Then turn the transformer over and do it again
continuing this for each side.  Hopefully this is all that is going on
and will fix the objectionably noise for you.

Regards,
Paul
WD8OSU