[Amps] New Guy, Old 813 amp

Bowen, Scott M. (JSC-CC)[LM] scott.m.bowen at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 26 08:40:23 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I just joined this group and recently purchased a homebrewed amplifier
running a pair of 813's in parallel.

It looks like it is set up for 2 bands, 80/75 and 40 meters at the
moment. I am interested in getting or building a tuned input circuit for
it so it will interface with my Icom transmitter better, and without the
use of an antenna tuner.

If anyone is interested in seeing the beast, I have some photos. The
power supply is running about 2800VDC unloaded on the plates.

Would it be possible to find a parts amp and get the tuned input out of
it? I would like to set the amp up for 75, 40 and 10 meters mainly.

Thanks

Scott Bowen
W5EFR