[Amps] rotary switch - shorting/non-shorting

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:43:46 EDT 2007

Hi,
I just fried a rotary switch in my little MFJ-901B L-Tuner.
The switch in that tuner is shorting the "lower portion" of inductor to the
ground.
Usual situation from manual - "bla-bla-bla, never switch the band while
applying full RF power..."
In my case full power was just a 100 W - pretty funny number in AMPS
reflector :)

I was looking (at mouser.com) for replacement and looks like I found what I
need, but I have no idea what kind of switch I suppose to use there -
shorting or not?

thanks,
Alex K2BB