[Amps] PWD transformers

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sat Dec 8 23:55:57 EST 2007

I just got a N.O.S. Weston meter from Peter Dahl Company's stock, as they carry not only iron but rectifiers, capacitors, meters, etc. Sorry to see Peter got afflicted with Parkinsons, wishing him prayers and the best of modern medical science to work through that.

There are numerous companies that still make custom transformers that could probably do HV iron or high current as you need. Some that I have dealt with in the past (at work) are NWL transformers in NJ, Basler Electric in East St. Louis, American Magnetics in Carterville, IL, SNC in Oshkosh, WI, Stangenees in CA, and so on. These are all reputable companies that have made commerical transformers for broadcast and scientific apparatus, and may still do an odd job or two for special order, using a credit card. However, pricing is expected to be higher, or comparable with PWD's.

John
K5PRO