[Amps] MFJ and Dahl

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 14:12:21 EST 2007

N9AA is exactly right.  MFJ makes what hams need at prices they can pay.
There are often very good reasons that the companies MFJ buys are available
for sale.  I agree with the observation that the equipment isn't built to
industrial-commercial standards.  But how many of us could pay that price?
Not many and certainly not enough to make a company work, year after year.
Yes, MFJ quality often stumbles, but if that is all the ham market is
willing to pay for, I don't know what economic miracle would enable or, from
a strictly business standpoint, justify more.  MFJ fills an important niche
in the amateur market and I am glad they do.

73, Ward N0AX