[Amps] MFJ and Dahl

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 9 14:48:27 EST 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:12:21 -0800, Ward Silver wrote:

>But how many of us could pay that price?
>Not many and certainly not enough to make a company work, year after year.
>Yes, MFJ quality often stumbles, but if that is all the ham market is
>willing to pay for, I don't know what economic miracle would enable or, from
>a strictly business standpoint, justify more.  MFJ fills an important niche
>in the amateur market and I am glad they do.

I strongly disagree. When a company blankets a market with low cost low
quality stuff (as MFJ and Walmart do), it usually pushes other companies with
better quality stuff at a somewhat higher prices out of the market (and often
out of biz). Some may see that as a good thing, but I don't.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC