[Amps] Alpha 87 schematics

Thomas Carlsson thomascarl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:31:31 EST 2007

Ulf,
Alpha has many very nice amplifiers, usually good quality and very fun to
work on. Documentation is another matter.
I have been working on Alpha 77Sx and 91b, for the 77Sx I have the manual
that came with it plus 3 versions from the Internet, with some interpoaltion

between the documents it has been possible to do repairs and understand
the circuits. Have also found plain faults in the cct diagrams, usually
quite
obvious ones.
It may be well worth to draw your own diagram of the part(s) that you
suspect
and plan to work on, then no need to jump between the different pages.
So, Google the net to find comments and documents. Good Luck!
73, Thomas, HZ1EX  PY2ZXU/SM0CXU

On 12/10/07, ulf schneider <dk5tx at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello ..
>
> I have an defective Alpha 87 amp here, but not the right schematics. The
> board verions in my schematics are different to those in my Alpha 87.
>
> Because I want to understand the circuit diagram of MY Alpha and not the
> latest revision I need some help.
>
> Alpha service can NOT help me. Molly W0MOM wrote that they have only the
> schematics which are in the download area of the Alpha website
> (unbelievable). The schematics in the download area are the same I have
> here as original printout.
>
> I need the following schematic revisions:
>
> Board ABX-X177 Rev. F (I have Rev. I on my schematics)
> Board ABX-X180 Rev. E (I have Rev. L on my schematics)
>
> Can anybody help me out with a copy or a scan of that board versions?!
>
> 73!
> Ulf DK5TX

Thomas, PY2ZXU/SM0CXU