[Amps] 3-500z - intermittent filament

John E. Cleeve g3jvc at jcleeve.idps.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 10:40:17 EST 2007

I would advise caution in resoldering the sleeved pins of the 3-500 et al
tubes, for the Eimac spec. and the late Bill Orr, warned that the melting
point of the solder used,  could be very close to the temperature which
would destroy the glass to metal seal of the filament pins..........more
effective electrical contact, between the tube filament pin sleeves and
sockets, with more effective directed forced air cooling of the tube base
sockets are the routes to follow.....but this has all be said
before.....regards, John G3JVC.