[Amps] General question on filament life: comments

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sun Feb 11 22:02:31 EST 2007

I have dimmers on lots of lights in my house and it seems I replace a light
bulb at least once a month on those circuits. They seem to go bad while they
are on. I can hear them making a rather loud hum when they are about to fail
(probably the sound is generated from the chopping of the dimmer). When in
this condition of making noise, if the light is turned off and back on it
immediately fails upon turn on.

73
Gary  K4FMX