[Amps] EIMAC 4-1000A tube for sale

Bob and Bettina Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Sun Feb 18 16:35:50 EST 2007

Finally getting back to the basement cleanout and I am starting on those high
power amplifiers I mentioned sometime ago. First and easiest item to sell and
ship is a very, very clean EIMAC 4-1000A tube.

First a bit of disclaimer: I am not an expert in these big bottles. I will
describe what I can see and what little I can test and I will offer a guarantee
of sorts. These items are untested other than dc continuity checks with a VOM -
I simply don't have the facilities for testing this stuff.

History of the tube - I purchased this at an estate auction 8 or 9 years ago
and, other than knowing that the owner was an avid ham who was really into high
power and ham radio, I know very little about the tube's history.

What I can say is that the tube was carefully boxed up, was seemingly intended
as a spare and that he did have two big amplifiers on site - one with a single
4-1000A and the other with a pair of 4-1000As plus a power supply from
h....well, just say it is a heck of a power supply. All built into a huge 6-ft
high open-style relay rack(military surplus) with cast corners, bolted
construction, wheels, etc. Huge! But that is for later.

The EIMAC 4-1000A itself is very clean, with no 'color' visible on it or inside
it, no loose parts or particles and the EIMAC lettering on the glass is still
like new. The filament does check good with a VOM. Other than that, I can't test
anything else. This is probably a used tube although it does not look like it!
It does not have a factory box.

Guarantee: I will guarantee this tube. I know that buying something like this is
a big gamble so I will trust you as you, the potential buyer, are trusting me.
If you get it and, within 3 days of receipt, you try the tube and it doesn't
work, I will (after you send the tube back to me and I receive it in good order
and verify that it is the same tube) give you your money back. You must pay the
shipping cost back.  And I would like a clear cut explanation of what it doesn't
do so I can decide what to do with it. I hope this is ok with everyone.

Price: well, I am really out on a limb here as I have very little idea of value
so feel free to educate me!  I am going to ask $200 shipping included (Fed Ex
Ground). Feel free to offer up or down.

So there you go. Please email me privately at <rgroh at swbell.net> if you are
interested or want to offer some thoughts or advice.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY
420 NE Sunview Circle
Blue Springs, MO 64014-2045