[Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES FOR SALE

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 03:09:02 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/19/2007 5:54:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
david.kirkby at onetel.net writes:

I had a  similar thing happen on eBay. An oscillator was advertised an an
HP  10811A, which is what I wanted. I won the auction.

The seller then  offered me some other model instead if i wanted it. So I
checked the specs  of that model and found it was a bit poorer on some
specs. So I said I  wanted the 10811A I won the auction for.

Sounds like the old fashion "bait and switch" to me.  When accurate
model/part numbers are given out in a description, certainly this would not be  an
issue if something else was not offered.  In my case I offered what I  was
selling simply stating it could be used in place of a 3CX1500A7.  The  3/8"
difference may or may not be a problem, but some technicality discussion  here turned
off a buyer who had committed to buy the tubes which were of no  consequence
to the him "in fact".  Naturally I was upset about that but I  suppose it would
be wrong to admonish someone for nixing a deal so I won't say  anything.
Fortunately someone else came along a took advantage.  But as  "this" story goes
on the e-bay thing, yes, I would be upset also.   Lou