[Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE) TUBES NO LONGER FOR SALE

Robert B. Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Sat Jan 20 03:36:11 EST 2007

I'm not pointing at any other statements in this thread other than LOU's
disappointment.  This is the major problem with a forum such as this.

EVERYBODY has the same level of authority.  Meaning JOE 5 minutes has the
same opinion "weight" to the new question asker as somebody who has been
building for 40 years.

Also the guy who has been building 813's, 811A's and 807's for 40 years has
the same "knowledge weight" as someone who has been building 3CX10000's for
10.

Obviously the experience levels are no where near the same.

I would say when it comes to building an amplifier project it is nice to get
opinions, however careful consideration needs to be placed on each
contributor's advice.  Some advice is a 100 and many aren't worth the pixels
they are viewed on.  Quite often it's tough to figure out which is which.

Even some days the knowledgeable guys slip up and don't hand out their
really good advice either. Sometimes it just depends on their mood.

Like today (yesterday now) was another good day to say, "I hate ham
radio..."

Unfortunately we can't shoot the messenger and it falls on each individual
to sort through the real knowledge / experience and the knowledgeable
sounding.

(then draw a bead on the offender and pull the trigger.)

BOB DD