[Amps] 8877 Longetivity

ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com
Sun Jan 28 15:02:59 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/28/2007 2:52:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dhallam at rapidsys.com writes:
Given the relative low accuracy of normal AC panel meters, how can you be
sure that you are actually within the filament voltage tolerance specified
by the manufacturer?  A high accuracy AC meter is a rather large and
somewhat expensive animal.

One way I have done it is to make my own AC panel voltmeter using a low ac ma
range meter and variable resistor and calibrate it with a good quality AC RMS
DVM like a Fluke. Likewise you can check the calibration of a regular AC
voltmeter with a DVM. Then you should have a good accurate AC voltmeter calibrated
to your target voltage.
73 Todd WD4NGG