[Amps] 3CX1500A7 VS 3CPX1500A7

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 16:40:19 EST 2007

Robert B. Bonner wrote:
>>From what I understand the 3CPX1500 5.5v filament is a PULSE SPEC.  It is
> the same filament as in an 8877.  The guy emailing REID, as that one too...
There's a specific note in the 'CPX data sheet about heater voltage -
basically recommending operation at 5V unless peak current above 24A
(very short pulses) is needed. With 5.5V up to 50A peak is available for
the shortest pulses. At both voltages, the maximum current at 1sec or
longer is 1A. Longer tube life is given as a benefit of lower voltage.

Steve