[Amps] AL-80B transformer tap..

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 23 23:10:57 EDT 2007

Mike,I doubt that you need to worry over much about a bit of extra mains voltage.Try mine.264volts fluctuating to as low as 210 depending on the time of the day.I have been running a few amplifiers continuously for many years and have yet to have any tube failure because of it.I would guess my filament voltage is all over the place with the voltage changes.I could never keep light globes for more than a few weeks either so I have changed over to the new compact electronic fluorescent globes.So far,so good.I have an idea that the higher voltage creates higher electricity bills.

73....Bob..VK3ZL..