[Amps] Grounding the grids

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 06:56:06 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/24/2007 1:04:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbonner at qro.com writes:

Lou  Wrote:

>>> Don't expect miracles by grounding the  grids.   Lou

I just want to clarify one thing,  The poster that said he was going  to
ground his grids on his L4B and then report differences in "what I was led to
believe" power output differences.  I don't think you would see much  difference
in that respect.  As Tom pointed out all the "other" benefits, I  did not
theink the poster was referring to doing the type of testing Tom spoke  about.  I
think he was the same poster who asked if 1100 watts was about  the right
power output from an L4b, or was that low.  Thinking along those  lines I simply
said that grounding the grids would not make much difference in  power output,
hence "do not expect miracles".  Again as Tom points out (if  one had all the
test equipment) you would see the difference in those  regards.  FYI....I
ground all my girds when I do my 220 6 meter  conversions. I am a believer.  73 Lou