[Amps] 4PR1000A

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Jul 31 11:34:09 EDT 2007

    I had a thought.  At 500 volts screen grid , 50 control grid , and 3 kV
on the plate I managed to get 0.4 amps out of them.
Wonder if I can come up with an easy connection using a microwave oven
transformer to supply  the filament, grid and
negative HV on the filament and ground the plate and make the anode
glow!!!  Grounded plate would be for safety reasons.
    Lets see. That will be more than a kW to get a good red glow of say 25
watt bulb. Or better yet, a nice looking radiant space heater for the
winter months.

73
Bill wa4lav