[Amps] Centurion problems....

Robert Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Fri Mar 9 16:51:02 EST 2007

Whoops I'm not paying attention,

Hello John,

The metallic tink noise could have been the glass envelopes getting very
hot. Or the bias relay clicking.

I used to own a centurion, My front panel switches were a little wacky but
it didn't do exactly what yours is doing.

What it sounds like is the B- lead is going to ground.  That will make the
plate meter read ZERO (B- metering) and it will draw NON-Biased resting
plate current.  Total ZERO BIAS like 300-350 mils.

Suspect the BREAKIN KEYING MODULE and the selector switch.  Ten-Tec switches
are crap and if you had a short in the Breakin module and it decided to
select breakin keying, it could do something like this.

I don't have a schematic laying around here for it anymore...  But I could
look through one if I had it.

The AMPLIFIER is straight forward ham stuff except for the breakin module...
SO suspect it first, HAHAHAHA

BOB DD