[Amps] use of Emtron DX-2 during contest/expedition

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at eon.net.au
Thu Nov 1 16:44:56 EST 2007

G'day Dick,

The DX-2 needs no modifications to operate at the 1kW plus level in a
48 hour contest. The cooling is very adequate and at the 1kW level, I
know that you won't even trip the switch to go on the high speed fan
mode. Even at full steam, it will not raise a big sweat.

  I have witnessed this each year, over the last 8 years in the 2 big
CQ SSB contests.

I'm talking about the 4CX-1600B model.

73, Alek
VK6APK