[Amps] Caddock power resistors

gdaught6 at stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 13 14:14:18 EST 2007

On 13 Nov 2007 at 19:55, Nils Petter Pedersen wrote about:

And so did KM1H, and K9YC, with many snips:

> The problem with the TO-packaged units is that they MUST have a good
> heatsink.

> > I never heard of them before. I see that Mouser
> > carries the 100W version in stock. Ive just ordered a pair of 100 Ohm from
> > Mouser and will see how they look for RF as well as how they hold up at
> > power in a Heath Cantenna..

I used some Caddock power resistors in the grid circuit of the
"Sunnyvale/Saint Petersburg Kilowatt Plus" that appears in the 1999-
2004 ARRL handbooks.  They are mounted on a pretty big heat sink, and
have their own fan.  This setup has been very satisfactory, and
capacitance hasn't been a problem.

The amplifier gets serious contest use, and hasn't had any problems.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT
See you in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 6-7, 2007