[Amps] CB etc Amps

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Wed Oct 10 17:51:54 EDT 2007

>My Tokyo HK-1.5Kfx runs almost as much power out on HF as does my old Henry

2K4 without near the heat. OTOH my *old* Alpha 76A doesn't throw out near as

much heat as does that 2K4 either.  Then again, I could purchase a lot of
electricity for difference between what I paid for the 1.5K and the 2K4
<:-)) Even in good shape and with a good pair of tubes the old Henry amps
are typically in the $700 range. Some go higher, but they need to be one of
the *BIG* ones to bring much more. I see quite a few with the initial bids
around $1200 that end with zero bids. They are big and they are heavy. Not
exactly table top.
73
Roger (K8RI)<

::And the 2K4 can load up into a 4 or 5:1 VSWR system without flinching.
And you can run it at 250W carrier power with 100% modulation from an AM
exciter and hold really long transmissions.  When you fry a tube, a  new one
is $175 and not $400 like a 500W FET.  But it is heavy and it does have
knobs. -WB2WIK/6