[Amps] LK 500 ZA bandswitch

dave arruzza w1ctn at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 14:22:33 EDT 2007

Hello all...
  Has anyone found a replacement bandswitch for this amp?

  Once while talking to Bill @ Omega Electronics he told me his was drilling out the rivets on old bandswitches he had and retrofitting the switches with new contact shoes.

  Sounds labor intensive, but do-able. Does anyone on the list know where you can purchase new contact shoes and the matching rivets? Or maybe you can just use screws.

  The bandswitch, and a few other parts, are minimal. I think my bandswitch arced due to the padder caps, (C33, C34 and C35)  going south.

  No output on 160/80/40. Ok on 20/15/10, where there are no padders switched in.

  But thats just a hunch. Seems kind of odd to put disk caps in that environment.

  My switch has a cooked contact or two and I need to get it repaired. I tried calling Omega and just got voice mail.

  73
  Dave W1CTN
  Now Low Power in CQWW....