[Amps] LK 500 ZA bandswitch

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Thu Oct 25 18:08:27 EDT 2007

Dave.  I have a new tuning capacitor for the LK-550/500 series (both the
tube and three tube model use the same plate tuning capacitor) I purchased a
long time ago and if you can use it the price is $60.00 plus shipping.  I
had a couple let go over the years as the spacing is a bit marginal.
Regarding the bad contact on the wafer switch, I have had to do a drill and
replace once and used very small screw/nut w/washer to hold the new contact
in place and never had any problem.  And yes, it is a rather labor intensive
job to pull the bandswitch but if you do it yourself will save bunches of
money.  And if Bill doesn't get back to you shortly just keep trying as he
is very busy there.  73 and good luck the LK series are very nice amps
although pretty old now.  Good that Bill is still working on them for
fellows that need the help.  Van, K7VS