[Amps] al-811 Blowing fuses Like Crazy

TROY D SINGLETON-N5ARK N5ARK at COMCAST.NET
Fri Oct 26 13:14:34 EDT 2007

Greetings All,

I bought a AL-811 on ebay. Nice looking Amp. Well it arrived in the mail and
I pluged it in and the first thing happens is fuses go to blowing. (He sent
the amp with the tubes still in place ;() ..I open the cover and look at the
tubes and connectors again and everything seems to be in place. A little up
so I pushed the tues ack down and put new fuses in. Still blows them
everytime within about a second. I look over the amp and I have never worked
on them before. There is a little green wire at the back of the amp that has
come un-soldiered and is free in the air as in not touching anything...seems
the amp is arcing right under the middle tue somewhere. Can anyone lead me
in the right direction.

Not getting off to a good start on amps. this is the 2nd bad one I have
got....

73's
N5ARK