[Amps] Considering an Alpha 76PA

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Wed Oct 31 12:31:42 EST 2007

I own(ed) an Alpha 77SX serial 2931 & it went to ETO for
repair after an internal arc-over. They lost track of it when they
relocated & I'm still out an amp or compensation. Someone,
somewhere has my 77SX that ETO/Alpha should have
returned to me but never was.

I need another amp and am considering an Alpha 76PA as I remember
using one at field day and it seemed like a fairly straight forward
amplifier. I'll be using it with a corsair II.

I have no idea what ta 76pa is selling for but I know the tubes are
hugely overpriced to replace. Anyone know of one of these amps in
decent condition?

Any caveats with this amp I should consider?

Thanks

73,

Gary
ka1j

offlist is fine if you know of one that's available.