[Amps] Another SB200

Andre Goldschagg totiranger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:59:16 EDT 2007

Hi all,

After the last day or 2 i am half reluctant to post the following here:)

I have on the shelf a SB200 that was part of a deal - i think the PO wanted
to can it. Anyway i fired it up and all works but the meter and it has all
of about 100W of output.

1. Looking at the meter i can see that it has been opened and worked on so
without testing i am going to assume it is cased. Is there any other meter i
can replace it with or where can i find a replacement.
2. It has 2 Svetlana tubes and from what i hear that might not be the wisest
choice as far as replacements go. This might prompt me to retrofit using a
GI7B. What is the input impedance of the 2 572B's?
3. Without replacing the existing transformer is there a way i can piggyback
another transformer to up the voltage a tad to give me about 2500 on key
down? The GI7B should draw about 400mA.

Looking forward to some replies.

Andre
ZS5UA