[Amps] Another SB200

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Thu Sep 27 03:30:54 EDT 2007

Andre,

Andre Goldschagg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After the last day or 2 i am half reluctant to post the following here:)
>
> I have on the shelf a SB200 that was part of a deal - i think the PO wanted
> to can it. Anyway i fired it up and all works but the meter and it has all
> of about 100W of output.

Where do you read that? The SB-200 does not have any meter that reads
output power in watts.

> 1. Looking at the meter i can see that it has been opened and worked on so
> without testing i am going to assume it is cased. Is there any other meter i
> can replace it with or where can i find a replacement.
> 2. It has 2 Svetlana tubes and from what i hear that might not be the wisest
> choice as far as replacements go. This might prompt me to retrofit using a
> GI7B. What is the input impedance of the 2 572B's?
> 3. Without replacing the existing transformer is there a way i can piggyback
> another transformer to up the voltage a tad to give me about 2500 on key
> down? The GI7B should draw about 400mA.
>
> Looking forward to some replies.
>
> Andre
> ZS5UA

Why speculate in rebuilding the amp before you actually know whats wrong
with it? To me you actually don´t.
What is the ZSAC? (plate idle current), what is the HV reading? With
lets say 75W drive (or 100W even) and amp properly tuned what is the
plate current?

73 Jim SM2EKM