[Amps] 4CX250 IMD

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Sep 30 08:34:01 EDT 2007

> You guys are not reading the spec sheets right. As to power at different
> voltages, they show a maximum plate current of 250 ma at 1500 volts and
> also
> at 2000 volts. Of course power is greater at the higher voltage.

> You are also getting input and output powers mixed up. Also some of the
> specs are for two tubes.
> There is no spec in the Eimac sheet that shows 470 watts PEP output for a
> single tube.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

Those last three sentences make absolutely no sense.

Input power is 500WDC, Output is 470W PEP, not key down CW. I'll use CW
since some seem to be getting confused with single and two tone references.
Im reading the 470W reference right from the full length 6 page 4CX250R spec
sheet, not a short form catalog or ARRL Handbook.
Its a shame we cant d/l images to the forum as I'm beginning to believe that
some people just cant read or understand what has already been posted from
the spec sheet in this often confusing thread.
This is an additional quote from the spec sheet: "Two-Tone where peak
envelope power is at least twice the average power output--Actual
measurements--Tank circuit efficiency estimated at 95%"

This is beginning to remind me of the long on the air and published
discussions on the benefits of SSB vs AM back in the 50's!

Carl
KM1H