[Amps] Suggestions for Storage of Amps and Radios

TROY SINGLETON-N5ARK n5ark at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 15:44:22 EDT 2008

Hello there,

I was a quick qestion. We are in the process of doing a rapid move to my
father in laws house after he has had a massive stroke, congestive heart
failure etc. Someone will have to be there for a while so I am going to have
to store my equipment for a few months in a rented storage unit without
climate control.

My question is what is the best way to pack your radios so moisture will not
ruin them. I am not sure if a couple months will hurt much but I am in
Arkansas (High Temps Humidity, Rain and the next day it may be snowing) and
we are heading into summer. What curious about wrapping things in plastic to
keep the dust out but dont want the plastic to sweat either. The say in the
summer months the temps inside get 120 plus degrees. Reminds me of Iraq HI
HI.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It will be a few months before I can
get back on the air and his house

Thanks a Million

Troy
N5ARK