[Amps] filament voltage and current

kg7hf at comcast.net kg7hf at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 13:08:22 EDT 2008

Lots of good topics today.

Speaking of heater voltage.    I am working on my first tube based amplifier.

Is there any reason that an adjustable voltage regulator couldn't be used to "dial in" the heater voltage?    I'm specifically thinking about his for a single 3cx800a7  which requires 13.5 +- 0.6v @  1.5A.      One thing that bothers me in the 3cx800's data sheet though is the cathode-heater potential (it lists +-150v).    I don't know what that parameter is and I don't see it listed in other datasheets.

Thanks,
Paul, kg7hf