[Amps] So-Called Utility "Smart Meters"

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Tue Aug 12 16:25:46 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Many thanks for the overwhelming response to my query re. RFI to / from utility "smart meters"...

Consensus has it that, unless I operate in the 33 cm band, there should be no problems with HF. What a relief THAT is to hear...!

Thanks again to all for having taken the time to respond, and to SHARE your knowledge & experience with others on the Reflector that way --- MUCH APPRECIATED.

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

PS: I've always thought that I was more of a realist than a pessimist, but can't you just see the utility companies re-defining "peak hours" in the future, as more & more of us "migrate" our laundry / drying / water heating times to those late hours offering cheaper rates...? I'm afraid that I certainly can. As the saying goes, "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Hi Hi