[Amps] Silver

LA7SL Nils P. Pedersen la7sl at online.no
Tue Feb 12 14:24:45 EST 2008

For those interested :
I have used Hydrochloric acid  for many purposes through many years without
accidents of any kind.
But there are a few things to remember to play it safe:
.....Hydrochloric acid is the aqueous solution of hydrogen chloride gas
(HCl). It is a strong acid, and the major component of gastric acid. It is
also widely used in industry. Hydrochloric acid must be handled with
appropriate safety precautions because it is a highly corrosive liquid.
Hydrochloric acid, or muriatic acid by its historical but still
occasionally-used name, has been an important and frequently-used chemical
from early history.....
(Source: Wikipedia)

Chemical Safety Data: Hydrochloric acid :
http://www.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~hmc/hsci/chemicals/hydrochloric_acid.html
IMPORTANT :
****When diluting hydrochloric acid, always add acid slowly to water - never
add water to acid.***'