[Amps] RF Parts Channel; Television Broadcast Equipment

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:28:38 EST 2008

Folks:

I am curious, if the coming Television transition to Digital, is releasing on the surplus market large numbers of various QRO RF components useful to Ham amp builders?   I dont know the typical lineup of power levels at various stages in the TX TV chain, but perhaps drivers, for the PA have components we are used to seeing/using.  What is the channel in the industry, that swaps, and reuses, or disposes in some way,  the old TX system components that all TV stations will be swapping out?   Do new station suppliers, merely take in the old equipment trade ins from the customers, and then ship them elsewhere?  Overseas?

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Project Manager,  Jamesburg Moonbounce Team