[Amps] Plate choke material..

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Sat Jul 19 13:02:32 EDT 2008

Hi all, I am scratching around to find some material to make another
couple of plate chokes for one of my new amplifiers..

Price of 3/4 inch Teflon per foot here in Aus is outrageous....I have
some Ultra High Density Polyethylene 3/4 rod here and wondering if this
is suitable for the job?..The choke is in the vicinity of the tube
exhaust and I certainly don't want to  end up with a banana or worse...
The choke is to be mounted horizontally..

Bob, et al....
I have made several chokes using large ceramic insulators. The have female
threads on top and bottom for mounting and connections.

Happy building!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC