[Amps] Re Choke Formers.."Circlips"

Roger (K8RI) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Jul 21 00:12:03 EDT 2008

Mel wrote:
> You are talking about "Jesus Rings".
>
> The tool (depending on whether it's a compression type or, an expansion type) is bent at the tip and shaped to fit the holes in the retaining ring.
>
> If that ring pops off the tool while you are manipulating it, there's only one person who will be able to find it, "Jesus"; hence the name.

I thought that was the remark you hear right after the "pingggg" of one
departing.
Always keep lots of spare. If you need two, purchase 10.

If you have only one it comes with a guarantee you'll lose it before you
try to install in. With two you lose one before installation and the
other the first time you try to install it.

73

Roger (K8RI)