[Amps] Amps DOA

cx7tt at 4email.net cx7tt at 4email.net
Thu Jun 5 12:25:45 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,
The point of my post was NOT to slam Acom equipment nor service but
rather to point out the difficulty in maintaining ANY SS or
microprocessor controlled unit.  I am quite happy with the quality and
reliability of my Acom, it's just that being so far from major ham
populations of the US or EU make service trips extremely expensive.  I
think my next amp of choice would be the Command Tech HF-2500 which I
could work on myself. I do not need instant band changing as being the
DX,  I dont have to do very much S&P. My issue is getting the US/EU to
beam to SA, HI. On the other hand, my amigo, CX5BW and I may just build
up an amp using a 4CX1500B.
All the best from the "Southern Cone".
73
Tom