[Amps] Fw: ALPHA DOA...

LA7SL Nils P. Pedersen la7sl at online.no
Thu Jun 5 11:58:26 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: LA7SL Nils P. Pedersen
To: Kees - pa7two ; john devoldere, ON4UN ; amps at contesting.com
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALPHA DOA...

Hello again !
Sorry if I stepped on some toes here...
- I said ">They make beautiful  amps--
as long as they work.."<
That means that I agree that the Acom's are great amps !
Then I started complaining about what I have experienced as a poor service level.
You people have your own experiences,- and I have mine...
My experiences are sad...
A few years back they were good ! Close to excellent actually !... I needed a new blower unit... It came right away..
the price was quite high..but that is to expect.
I needed some documentation...  no problem !
But lately something has changed. I get promises that someone will contact me...nobody
contacts me..  I send emails -get no replies ...I ask questions about replacement tubes,-
and get what I must call desinformation.   I write Svetlana,- and they advice me to contact
a company in UK that is their european representative... This company promises to try to
help me...so far nothing has happened. I keep copies of my correspondence.
Acom Bulgaria says that Svetlana was currently  producing the tubes at high speed,- and that the Acom
boss had been to the factory in st.Petersburg and inspected the production....
Svetlana says something else...the european rep. apparently has difficulties getting any of
those fresh tubes...
as everybody else has...
FIRST I do not like people lying to me...especially not a company that I respect(-ed)
Secondly I do not like sending emails into "black holes"
So my conclusion is : If you have the right contacts and friends or are living close to
Sofia or don't mind sending your amp halfway around the globe :
The Acom's are great amps !! I agree !
I manage to keep ours running almost 100% here at LN8W / LA8W .
48 hours as run stn in multi single is usually no problem...
But then I am a qualified RF-Tech , and have spent several years repairing
and servicing comms equipment...
If you are...AND you have the right contacts....
no doubt: Then I recommend an Acom.
Peter