[Amps] Alpha 76

Robert Kirkland alpha76 at triton.net
Tue Jun 17 21:02:18 EDT 2008

I have an old Alpha 76 a two holer that usually perks along nicely at 1400
watts. Imagine my surprise when I lifted the on toggle and nothing happened.
An ohm meter check across the 240 volt power plug shows an open in the start
up circuit. Not much, except all the parts and the wiring check good. Power
wiring and plug ck good, everything checks good it just don't work.
Now at 85 years I can't pick the amp up without removing the transformer and
that messes up the operating position. I'll whip it eventually but thought I
might save time and trouble if I just ask.Anyone out there ever had this
happen?.