[Amps] Tube suggestion needed - 6 and/or 2M ~500W level with 800-1kv on plate?

david feldman wb0gaz at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 11:01:13 EDT 2008

I've got old Dentron GLA-1000 sweep tube amp; mulling over what to do with it as I don't really need for HF. They are a convenient package size for ~500W class amp, so wondering if there are any tubes worth investigating that would be workable on 6 and/or 2M but not need extra plate voltage over what the GLA can do (I think around 900V.) I'm not considering sweep tubes for 6M (with all due respect to the Drake TR-6 and TC-6) and they're obviously not an option at all on 2M.  I'd like to avoid reworking the power supply with voltage doubler and all that... Any suggestions? Very tks, Dave.