[Amps] AL-1200 Problem

Donald Knight n4dek at triad.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 17:58:47 EDT 2008

Thanks to all the members that offered advise to me about my 1200 problem. I have now found the problem and corrected it and the amp is back to working perfect again. Turned out to be one leg from the small cap on the antenna relay was touching the B- terminal and shorting out the B-.  I must have hit this with my hand while I was bolting down the transformer and it was just close enough that it finally touched. Thanks again for everyones advise and I could not have did it without the help of the fine hams on this list.

                                                                                Thanks,Don n4dek