[Amps] Harbach Elec now selling Peter Dahl Xfmrs

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun May 4 16:04:09 EDT 2008

Having been involved with a local transformer company before the owner died
I can appreciate the several minutes it takes a girl to transition to other
windings.

With several replacement designs for ham amplifiers I competed directly with
Dahl and both the xfmr company and myself made a respectable profit while
being about 25-30% below Dahl prices.

My last Dahl purchase was about 2 years ago and Gary regularly adjusted
prices to reflect rising costs, the price sheet was always slow to catch up
if at all.

Recent trade journals are predicting a 75% increase in steel prices from
Asia by the end of this year, particularly from China. Im sure speciality
steels will also be affected.

Carl
KM1H